[mythtv] Patch to accept remote buttons as logical identifiers

Navaho Gunleg navahogunleg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:24:51 UTC 2006

Yeah indeed, that patch specifies some default remoteXXX things; but
other than that it does nothing (the patch doesn't make it
functional).

I've been running with my locally patched version of MythTV for quite
a while now and thought I'd share these changes. (There's still the
problem when Myth requests user input in an editbox, one hits a remote
button, the text-identifier of that button will be inserted in that
edit-box.)

Anyway, for this all to work the mythkeysequence.h and .cpp file go
into libs/libmyth/ and the supplied patch should be applied
(mythtv-lirc-20060815.diff).

Supplied is also the patch to recognise these in MythControls.

(I through I had already posted this here but just found out I didn't.)

The additional advantage of this functionality I noticed yesterday:
one can disable all the keyboard-based shortcuts in the web-browser
key-assignments, so that typing anything on a web-page doesn't
activate the shortcuts, if you understand what I mean. (Currently, if
you press, say, Backspace to correct something in some search box
(i.e. when looking up something on wikipedia for instance), it means

I've been happily using it and think IMHO it's an worthy addition.

Cheers,
NG