[mythtv] Occasional LiveTV freezes

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:40:47 UTC 2006

No, it's not immediately after starting liveTV, it's even the
opposite: it takes a while for the problems to kick in.

Meanwhile I discovered the HD in my myth-pc was starting to show some
hickups (dma related kernel errors) that I didn't notice before. I'm
replacing the disk as we speak and let you know if that makes any
difference. Even though it sounds obvious, I'm not completely
convinced this was the reason for the hickups/freezes.

My sincere apologies for crying wolf in this list. What are the odds
of updating myth and encountering a degrading HD at exactly the same
time?

I'll keep you updated,

Grtz.
Martin

On 8/23/06, Lukas Kasprowicz <lukas.kasprowicz at online.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. August 2006 15:10 schrieb Jack Radigan:
> > This is what I've found so far:
> >
> > Also, this also only happens on remote frontends, but things aren't too
>
> Got this one on a remote frontend, too. For me it happens _only_ a few seconds
> after entering live tv for about 2-3 times. Please check if it is the same
> for you.
>
> In my case it has to do with the database i think. I am using eit only. So
> when entering livetv it seems to write a lot to db. (Take top and have a look
> on the host your db is running)
>

> Lukas

if but was of any use, it would be a logic operator