[mythtv] Occasional LiveTV freezes

Jack Radigan jprad at patmedia.net
Tue Aug 22 13:10:12 UTC 2006

I'm now seeing this as well after having moved to 10859 due to an unrelated
video problem with the ATI X1400.

This is what I've found so far:

The pauses during live TV are also happening for me if I try to view a
program while it's being recorded. This doesn't happen when watching a
previously recorded show.

Also, this also only happens on remote frontends, but things aren't too
consistent across the 3 remote frontends I have.

The primary remote frontend is for the family TV.  It's a pretty vanilla
setup with an FX5200 using XvMC.  I'm very rarely seeing any pauses on this
system.

The second frontend is on my laptop, which is the one using an ATI X1400 and
having video problems.  It's pretty much the same as the primary, rarely any
pauses.

The last one is on my workstation and it's absolutely brutal as far as
pausing goes.  The machine has a 6600GT adapter running at 1920x1200 at 24bit
with XvMC enabled.  The mythfrontend is running in an 800x600 window.

I've gone through everything that's been posted in the mailing lists and in
the wiki and the only thing I've been able to determine is that it gets much
better, although I still see occasional pauses, after unmounting the NFS
share I set up for the remote mythfrontends.

-jack-