[mythtv] Browsing channels

slc spam at sma2.rain.com
Sun Aug 20 19:37:54 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 00:47 -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
>> * On Sat Aug 12, 2006 at 06:32:38AM -0700, root wrote:

>>> With a rotor on a card pointed to several birds, browse mode needs to jump to
>>> the next source to be usefull.
>>>
>> I think it makes sense to be able to browse all channels tuneable by the
>> current card we are using no matter what input would be used on the card.
>> The idea is that we can browse any channel we could see via the card we are
>> currently "in control of".
>>

> Chris, I've opened a ticket for this #2206 assigned to me, this
> is pretty trivial to fix. I'll probably look at it tomorrow. I
> had asked someone who complained about this on the users list
> to open a ticket on this a while back, but I guess they didn't
> read the replies to their post...
>
> -- Daniel

> !DSPAM:44e87ede19561980619414!

Tks for the work guys. Another problem with  current "browsing" is dupe
channum's within a source. While scanning Intelsat Americas 5 (97º W)
you might have 3 stations with "1" as the channum. This causes browsing
to lock to only these stations.

Going the the channel editor and adding a prefix number 10001,20001 will
fix it but maybe the scanner could have a channel prefix fix-up table
for dupes as a option for some sources.