[mythtv] Corrupt analog recordings

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Aug 14 16:16:13 UTC 2006

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>>> To get it to work again I had to turn off the "Enable
>>> interlaced DCT encoding" option. (The only one of the four options
>>> left on now is the "Enable high quality encoding")
>>>

> Yeah, I submitted the patch (#2061) to honour the mpeg4optionidct and
> mpeg4optionime options. Previously these options didn't actually do
> anything. So if you had them enabled and then upgraded svn, you will
> see a lot more CPU consumption.
>
> The patch got committed in [10580]
>
> Regards,
>
> Shane

I have both "enable interlaced dct encoding" and "enable interlaced motion
est" on for my sw encoding profile.
Is this one or both of those options?

The high cpu utlilization can probably be explained by this, but it doesn't
explain why it only happends to some of the analog recordings and why the
video got all blocky and messed up.

And then there is that strange v4l2 error from the backend when a recorindg
starts that get corrupted.