[mythtv] MythWeather Addition

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Aug 10 22:50:49 UTC 2006

* On Thu Aug 10, 2006 at 03:08:59PM -0600, myth-dev at mcspuff.com wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> This is my first foray into the Myth development scene, so please bear with
> me if I don't follow historical protocol.

> One thing I didn't like about the MythWeather plug-in was the fact that it
> pulled all of its weather forecast info from MSNBC.  I live in Canada, and
> the Environment Canada website is far more accurate and updated far more
> often than MSNBC.  So, I wrote a PHP script that translates Environment
> Canada forecasts into MSNBC's syntax.  I thought I'd post it here to see if
> anyone wanted to use it.

You should look into the mythweather-revamp branch that Lucien is working
on this summer.  One of his major changes is the ability to support other
grabbers like this.

	http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/mythweather-revamp

Look in the -commits mailing list archives for his comments on his updates.

--
Chris