[mythtv] Error compiling mythplugins at 10685

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 7 18:10:26 UTC 2006

Adolfo R. Brandes wrote:
> On 8/5/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you 'make install' mythtv *before* trying to compile mythplugins?
>>

>   Yes.  I svn-upped mythtv, compiled and installed it prior to
> tackling mythplugins.  All other plugins compile fine.
>
>   As a matter of fact, everything compiled fine up until the mytharchive move.
>
> Adolfo

Something that looks odd in the compiler output is the -DPREFIX=\"\" and
all the include paths are wrong also which suggests the install prefix
is wrong. I believe the mythplugins compile reads these setting from the
mythconfig.mak that is installed when mythtv is installed which is why I
thought maybe you hadn't installed mythtv before trying to compile the
plugins.

I'd try re-running the mythplugins configure script and add a
--prefix=??? parameter  to make sure the script can find the
mythconfig.mak. If it still fails check in the mythplugins source
directory for the 'mythconfig.mak' symlink to make sure it  points to
the installed mythconfig.mak.

Paul H.