[mythtv] DVB EIT in mythtv-eit

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sat Apr 29 19:53:22 UTC 2006

On Saturday 29 April 2006 21:02, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> I'm having some e-mail problems but I wanted to reply to your
> message in the mailing list.

Thanks for the answer. I'll reply to you and the list.

> > Adding AddListeningPid(DVB_SDT_PID) at in dtvsignalmonitor.cpp
> > works not entirely correct. The backend sees a SDT and starts
> > listening on the EIT pid but I get also many PESPackets with crc
> > errors and after some time tons of messages "Started PESPacket, but
> > !payloadStart()"
>
> I think those "Started PESPacket.." error messages are a separate
> problem, it probably has something to do with how the EIT sections
> are packed into TS packets. We used to get this on PMT's but that
> problem was fixed a few months ago.

Ok. Found nothing in trac. Do someone remembers details of this problem?
I'll look at the packets.

> I'll add the "AddListeningPID()" hack until someone gets around to
> implementing proper DVB table monitoring. Where did you put this?

In ProcessPMT but I might be faster in adding DVB table monitoring.
Tried that 2 or 3 weeks ago.

> I'm assuming this means you are able to change channels, record, etc?

I haven't tried. Setting up a test box now.

Janne