[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Tue Apr 25 17:11:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:34 am, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 05:43 am, David Engel wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 02:16:06PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > > This will have adverse affects on TryAnotherShowing.  I'm considering
> > > a differenet approach that will also be beneficial without soft
> > > padding.  It might take me a few days before I can get to it, though.
>
> This looks good.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Working well here.  It puts retrylist programs on my worst card with dropped
soft padding.  It makes the bad even worse but the good are left alone. ;-)

There is problem when there is a reoccurring recording and I select 'Don't
record'.  That soft paddings are set to 'Don't record' but next soft option
is still going to be recorded.

> > This now in the softpad branch.  Barring outright bugs and further,
> > minor tweaking of the scheduler ordering, this is probably as feature
> > complete as I intend to make it.
>
> I've attached a patch that uses the themes to properly display the soft
> padding.  It's only for Blue and G.A.N.T.
>
> Changed the setHelpText again.  It really should be shorter.

Attached 'soft3complete-6-fix.patch' is a fix for previous patch.  The offset
times look good for these two themes.  I need a hint why the list didn't
change colour on 'droppedsoft'.

Should I do the other themes?

Attached 'soft3complete-partial.patch.gz' is patch for partial padding.  This
does seem to work.

Attached 'mythwebsoft3.patch' is the fixes need for mythweb to at least run.

The last patch 'prechannel.patch.gz' is for prechannel soft padding.  I do
realise this wont be attempted but thought someone maybe interested.

Thanks
Paul