[mythtv] backend from SVN 9761 bangs on mysqld

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Apr 24 15:08:01 UTC 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 16:53, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 10:03:19AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > I was thinking of a separate table, so that those without EIT
> > don't need to store this data. Storing this by transport
> > wouldn't just save memory during the scan, but also when
> > recording. EIT collection is only going on on that single
> > transport in that case, so the rest of the cache data is
> > redundant. Also a smaller cache would also save some CPU,
> > but this probably isn't significant.
>
> The point of the cache is to reduces accesses to the DB.
> Using a separate table means that there would then be 2 inserts
> rather than 1 for each event. Not good.

But queries against the cache table are probably so inexpensive that it
might work.

> > > I seriously doubt it is in the region of hundreds of megabytes...
> >
> > I think the only way we'll know is if we implement the persistent
> > cache and monitor it's size. I don't really want to do this in
> > SVN-head, but I'm game for creating a branch with this in it.
>
> As Janne said, this is just about finished. Lots of us will
> patch up and do some testing.

I'm posting the patches to #1728 so that they can applied to the branch.

> it's basically a way of saying, Oy! your program is about to start,
> is still running (so don't stop) etc.

mark the begin and end...

> Australian providers cannot even get more than now/next eit data
> happening, so there is a 0.01% chance of them implementing RST.
> They haven't even finished sorting it out here in the UK, where
> they do pretty much everything correctly.

At least for germany I can say that the running status in EI tables 0x4e
(now/next) is accurate while i haven't seen a RST.

Janne