[mythtv] syncronizing 2 master backends

Kyle Schlansker kylesch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 06:54:42 UTC 2006

This may for mythtv-users, if so, please feel free to flame me ;)

I have one backend in my bedroom with a single firewire connection.  I
have a slave backend in my living room with a firewire and a PVR-350
connection and the frontend is an xbox.  The problem is, that the
living room connection is wireless, and is too slow when watching
recordings (which are stored on a NAS device which is wired to my
wirless router).

I would like to simply setup a separate "master" backend in the living
room so that it records and plays via the wired xbox connection.
However, I'd like to synchronize the two "master" backends.  This
could be done by copying files at off-peak ours and updating the
databases accordingly.

Has anyone tried this?