[mythtv] I've found why EIT didn't work and how to fix it, is this a bug?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Apr 21 08:36:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:26:55AM +0100, RoboJ1M wrote:
> Hi,

[snip]

> 3) UPDATE the networkid and transportid in the database.
>
> I can't tune to any of the radio channels or MHEG channels on one of the
> multiplexes, so that I couldn't fill in. But EIT seems to be going into the
> database now.
>
> Is this a bug? Or is it a limitation of using channels.conf and not the
> scanning code?
> Whatever it is, it seems ot only affects a small amount of users. One of
> those bugs I guess. ¬¬...

This is a limitation of using channels.conf. It doesn't have all the
information required to completely setup the tables. Enough information
to make the channels watchable, just not enough to allow EIT to work.

What you have done is a workaround that is required if you use
channels.conf

Stuart