[mythtv] Client stops after a certain point in large recordings

Jeff Morrow jmorrow at jmorrow.org
Thu Apr 20 00:49:31 UTC 2006

Hi there.  I posted this thread:

to the -users list, but it appears to have gone dry after several
suggestions, so I'm pleading my case here.

The short version: when playing back very large recordings on a client
machine, after a certain point it either jumps back to the beginning of
the recording or kicks me back to the recording selection menu.  The
point where it decides to jump or kick me out depends solely on the
recording quality (on high-quality recordings, it's around the 40-minute
mark, and on lower-quality recordings, it's closer to 1:45).

When it kicks me out to the menu, the log shows:

2006-04-02 19:32:33.556 Broken packet: D 571929374

(The number isn't always the same.)

I'm running 0.19 on Debian Sarge, compiled from source.  The problem
appeared in previous versions of mythtv as well, although 0.19 is the
first version that sometimes jumps back to the beginning of the
recording.  Previous versions always kicked me back out to the menu,
with a broken packet error in the logs.

I'm willing to do the legwork to diagnose and solve this problem, if
some kind soul out there is willing to point me in the right direction
and tell me what to try.  Right now I don't even know where to look.

Thanks alot,
Jeff Morrow