[mythtv] how is responsible for mythmusic....

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 19 08:44:28 UTC 2006

Jochen Kühner wrote:
> because i have written some patches and wonted to ask if they will be
> accepted in the source....

I think ultimately Isaac is responsible, as he has some plans for MM
before the next release IIRC, (Isaac, care to correct me?). I'm not sure
but I think Isaac may have opinions about the DB structure too
(personally I like the structure this patch introduces - not sure if the
JOINs in the SQL are the preferred way for compatibility with other DBs
- e.g. Postfix if this is still supported, but I am planning on tidying
up Jochen's patch (as he requested) to tidy up a few loose ends and can
adjust the joins to be up to the "myth standard" if someone tells me
what it is (e.g. use QT wrappers, use LEFT JOIN or use multiple table
FROM commands with join conditions in WHERE?)

Thor also used to do a lot of work on MM, mainly to do with daemonised
versions of the code that supported DAAP (I think this is reason there
are some extra fields in the musicmetadata database that don't seem to
do anything - e.g. composer etc.).

But I've not seen Thor about on the mailing list for a long time so I'm
not sure where that project is going.

Personally, I feel the schema changes are nice. I'd like to add some
more stuff to it later, but this is the sort of framework I would have
advocated when I start doing some more MM development myself, so
consider me a +1 for this change.

I appreciate the MFD stuff Thor was working on will break with these
changes and if that is the sole reason for blocking, I'll volounteer to
make the necessary changes there too.

Col

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |