[mythtv] "Easy" way for AudioCD play button

florin baiduc florinbaiduc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 07:27:35 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, florin baiduc <florinbaiduc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to make a skin containing a button to directly access the
> audio CD in the drive and play it. It should be as simple as possible
> (i.e. automatically select the CD as the source, search the CDDB and
> show it's playlist in the player, whitout any input from the user).
> Is there any simple way to create an "Play Audio CD" action ? I am
> looking for suggstions in this direction.
> I tried browsing the source and got some ideeas myself, but I just
> want to confirm I am not on the wrong path..
>
> Thanks.
> Florin

My problem became easier :))

How to start the plugin showing either the CD tracks or the HDD files playlist?
I managed to add a new window tag (so called cd_play) in the
music_ui.xml and call the plugin (via a new function from it).
Is there a way to connect a signal to the fromCD slot and call it as
soon as I press the CD play button?

Regards.