[mythtv] MythMusic smartplay functionality

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sat Apr 15 19:53:37 UTC 2006

Anyone interested in adding a smart play functionality to myth music? I
have a lot of music that I like by never gets into my play lists. I am
looking for a way to play music based on your ratings, others ratings, and
never listened to. The split should be configurable, say play songs I like
70% of the time, songs others have highly rates 20% and songs I have
never listened to 10%. As a song is playing you could raise or lower the
rating. That rating information should then be stored in the IDv3 POPM
tag. It allows for email address and 0 - 255 rating for a song. Is this
something that would stand a chance getting into the main branch? Anyone
interested in adding this functionality for bounty on each step completed?

><>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net
http://www.robotics.net