[mythtv] A Couple Questions

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Apr 13 14:09:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 07:15 -0600, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> 1) What part of the backend or frontend adjusts the EPG scheduling?
>  I mean, when your EPG info gets updated by mythfilldatabase and a
> program is assigned a specific time, what in the frontend/backend
> would cause this program's time to shift?
We store all programs in the DB in local time so we adjust them
from UTC or GPS time to the local time just before inserting them.
We use the current offset, so they always get messed up when the
timezone adjustment changes (think 'daylight savings time').

> 2) Does the mythfilldatabase program take timezone into account when
> it recieves the programming info?
Yep, but only in a ham-handed way. If someone wanted to put the
effort into converting everything to UTC, we could avoid the
timezone problems. But it is a considerable amount of pretty
boring work...

I just fixed a time conversion problem for EIT events, but it has
only existed in svn head for a couple days, so it was probably the
recent timezone change in the US and Quebec that threw things off
for you.

-- Daniel