[mythtv] EIT scanner blocks shutdown

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Apr 12 20:11:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 00:09 +0100, Chris Birkinshaw wrote:
> In the latest version from SVN I noticed that when I do not have any
> channels defined then autoshutdown works as expected, however once I
> add channels and the EIT scanner starts then the shutdown countdown
> never begins.

It's been this way since EIT scanning was introduced.

The scanner scans continuously until myth explicitly tunes to
a channel for recording. There is currently no way to determine
that we have collected all the available EIT data on a transport,
so it would be premature to try to add code to terminate scanning
so that shutdown can proceed.

-- Daniel