[mythtv] MythSocket class

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sun Apr 9 20:20:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 22:02, Jim Westfall wrote:
> Thanks for testing.  I didnt actually touch the http server part of
> the backend, so its still using QSocket.  I left it as is cause I
> need to figure out a workaround to handle canReadLine/readLine
> functions that QSocket provides.

Had just a very short look at the patch. The deadlock occured in the
read/writestringlist functions and only if some other backend activity
(probably the scheduler) happens together with the http-server. So
changing the other part using QSocket is enough fix it.

> > But if a slave backends connects, no further connection is
> > possible. Have right now no time to debug this, sorry.
>
> I will try and look into that, if I can get together a box for a
> slave backend.  It may just be the hack I had to do on the backend to
> force it to process an incoming request before returning from the
> readyRead callback.  Before it would hand the socket off to a worker
> thread and return right away.

I will have time tomorrow to look into it.