[mythtv] Memory leaks in SVN

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Apr 9 16:31:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 17:25 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 09 April 2006 17:13, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > If I recall correctly, the
> > hack in the patch Stuart suggested just ignored the NIT, but this
> > of course causes other problems since the NIT can contain important
> > information about how to use the the SDTs, and which transports to
> > scan next when doing a "Tuned" scan.
>
> Although it was just intended as a hack, it actually ignores the SDT until we
> have see a NIT. We still see both the NIT and the SDT, just in the "right"
> order.

That may be the case, but the hack in dvbstreamdata is wrong.
We shouldn't hold off caching SDT's until after the NIT is seen.
This class is supposed to be used for tuning as well (see #1049),
and the slowdown would be unacceptable there. (And is of course
undesirable in scanning as well).

-- Daniel