[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 06:08:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 04:19:48AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> Last patch for the night.  Seems to work well.

Here are my initial comments on your patches.

Make your patches against current SVN.  This is a new feature and
won't be considered for the 0.19 branch.

Don't change the current pre/postroll code.  Some people, including
myself, like it the way it is.  If it proves unnecessary, it can be
removed later.

Stick with global, soft start and end settings only for now.  If this
feature proves useful, we can canisder per-channel or per-rule
settings later.

Remove the softp->recpriority2 stuff.  That was just for proof of
concept.  It can be addressed later if needed.

I think your handling of the ChangeRecordingEnd check is incorrect.  I
think the best way to handle interaction with that feature is to
remember when soft end padding is added and take that into account
when needed.  In addition, any soft end padding becomes hard once the
recording starts and that needs to be accounted for if the user really
does want to change the end time.

Limit your changes to the soft padding feature only.  If you spot
non-related problems, address them separately.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net