[mythtv] AVSync Problem on entering recorded playback

Hamish hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Thu Apr 6 20:35:46 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 11:57, Stephen Williams wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Graham Finlayson <graham.finlayson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Stephen,
> >
> >  I also have encountered this problem in the past and it was annoying me.
> > I made the following quick hack based on what you have discovered, and
> > this works on my environment. In the for loop in
> > AvFormatDecoder::ScanStreams  I added
> >
> >  if ( enc->enc_type == CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO && enc->bit_rate == 0 )
> >      continue;
> >
> >  I also have DVB-T in the UK.
> >
> >  Graham
>
> Nice to know it's not just me! I've got a few patches to submit
> following my look at AVsync so at some point in the near furure i'll
> open a Trac ticket for this issue.

FWIW... I get the same problem (Just started a week ago) with 0.19. It WAS
working fine... I swear...  I didn't use it for a week befor ethat though...
And it happens on both live tv AND recordings. Including recordings I've
watched in the past that were fine.
And including recordings that I've watched fine with 0.19 as well.

What i DID do last week, was to upgrade X to 7.0 (Gentoo). And I have DVB-T
(UK - another similarity with yours).

However the fact that 0.19 worked fine before I upgraded X (From 6.8.2) has to
suggest that it's an interaction between the two (At least in my case). Maybe
a subtle bug that something fixed or broken in xorg7.0 brings out.

I'm about to grab the latest SVN and start trying that & debugging from there
rather than gentoo's...

Oh... FWIW xine, mplayer etc all work fine. No probs. They play the mpeg files
recorded fine. Just the myth playback being annoying.

Hamish.