[mythtv] Building MythTV SVN Packages (rpm)

Simon Crute simon-mythdev at geordie.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 23:24:15 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 17:00, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:16:06PM +0100, Simon Crute wrote:
> > I'm working on a set of DIFs for these "official" myth spec files so
> > that they compile cleanly on suse based OSs.
>
> I think we've already talked some time back about this: I wouldn't
> mind fixing up the specfiles/src.rpms to make building on SuSE easier
> or maybe even straight out of the box.

Yeh, I remembered having the conversation, but not who with, so finding it in
my email archive was a bit tricky. ;-)

Having just read the rest of the thread, I realise that I've stumbelled into
an, er, discussion about the various merits of various spec files.

I don't know the myth source, or compile process particularly well, so for the
moment I'll base my specs (and diffs) on the atrpms ones as, at the moment
they seem to be most widely used for the release versions.

As my knowledge level increase, I'll probably start making my own mistakes
instead of just copying other peoples ;-)

Anyway, I'll post my diffs to the SuSE howto pages I've added to the wiki, and
let anyone change/use them as they see fit.

> A long term plan is to port ATrpms to SuSE anyway.

:-)

--
Simon Crute