[mythtv] Scheduler needs a special case for CBS miniseries?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:47:26 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, David Engel <gigem at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:31:17PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> > Perhaps the scheduler should take into account the
> > partnumber/parttotal when deciding if an episode is a dupe?
>
> I've put this on my TODO list, but it's not a very high priority for
> me.  If you submit a patch, however, I'll take a look at it.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> gigem at comcast.net

Are you sure you want me messing with that part of the code ;-)

If I were going to attempt it, I would probably try something like:

  IF ProgramID ENDS IN "000" AND parttotal > 1
  THEN APPEND ('A' + partnumber) ON THE END OF ProgramID;

The next question would be where to add that bit of code....
As the data is being put into the DB?
As the scheduler is pulling the data out of the DB?

John