[mythtv] Building MythTV SVN Packages (rpm)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 5 05:17:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:28:33PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > This creates issues for both the packager and the developers as it
> > gets even more confusing as to what svn the user is talking about.
>
> huh?  a revision is a revision.

Is this svn from Chris' or from ATrpms' that is broken?

> > We've been trying to convince Isaac that having CVS/svn packaging is a
> > good thing, if this starts being a fork war then he'll probably
> > digress again.
>
> I don't consider this "packaging"...  it's more "building svn but
> letting rpm keep track of the installed files"...  no one should be
> using these files without knowing how to build packages, etc.

And does your target audience know that there are no upgrade paths to
future ATrpms packages?

> >> Maybe I'll have to take a look at what you're doing now and see what
> >> I can backport into mine.
> >
> > I'd had preferred if you had considered merging any valuable bits the
> > other way, but it's your choice.
>
> I've posted my changes several times over the last few months, and see
> no changes ever being ported to yours (or any comments about them).

I've made comments both to you and Buzz on lists and in private, I
even reported some bugs you had in your conditionals. The most
important comment one is that you cannot reqrite something for 90%
stylistic preferences and 10% functional/bug parts and expect the
other party to go through every line and compare.

If you want something to get commited try small and confined changes,
and such that add value in a functional/bugfixing way.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net