[mythtv] Building MythTV SVN Packages (rpm)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 5 05:24:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:26:10AM +1000, Buzz wrote:
> I took Chris's "commented" .spec file, and reviewed Axel's for any changes
> that appeared to have been added later

And did you also do it the other way? I think I see some fixes (in the
lugs) that were never reported. So ATrpms' version will not carry them.

> Axel, can you see anything FUNCTIONAL in your myth .spec/s that has been
> added since April 2005  (where the logs say that the Chris<->Axel files
> deviate) that hasn't since been "brought over" to Chris's, and
> hence/hopefully to the SVN one (in wiki, by Myself and Chris now) ?

It's just as difficult for me to compare these specfiles as it is for
you. That's why complete rewrites mixing personal style preferences
with functional enhancements and bugfixes can't be reviewed in a
comparative way.

> (where "correct" COULD be defined as 'like atrpms do it' if there is
> no other reason to do it a particular way)

Now that's a cool statement. Slightly rephrased it sais that "atrpms'
way is only then the correct way, if there is no other way".

> Please advise what bits you see as valuable that the SVN one doesn't have,
> and we'll definitely add them.

Please do it the other way around, it makes more sense that way, and
the pain to compare two so much changed objects remains with the doers >;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net