[mythtv] Tuning to off air channel still hangs (SVN7347)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 29 14:13:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 14:54 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thu 29 September 2005 07:54, Neale Swinnerton wrote:

> Could you quantify, roughly, what snappy means? I've seen no change in speed,
> if anything it seems slower.
> I'm not really bothered as I don't use LiveTV much but if there was meant to
> be a speed boast at least I can help debug it for others :)

It wasn't meant to be a speed boost. But with hardware that tunes
quickly it is, so long as the transmitter sends frequent PAT/PMT
updates.

DVB-over-USB users for instance will see no change. People with
hardware that decodes to PES streams that are then converted to
TS streams by the driver will not see any difference, etc.

-- Daniel