[mythtv] [SVN7344] Live TV fails on second try

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Thu Sep 29 13:13:13 UTC 2005

Jon Whitear wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running SVN7344. Live TV works fine on the first try, but if I
> exit to the menu and go back in, I get a blank screen for ~20s and get
> returned to the menu. If I keep trying, the backend dies.
>
> I have attached logs from the frontend (-v network) and backend (-v
> record channel siparser) These are two separate boxes. The latter has
> 2 DVB-T cards, and is running Gentoo with a vanilla 2.6.13 kernel. The
> frontend is a diskless EPIA M10K running Gentoo with an EPIA patched
> 2.6.7 kernel, booting an NFS root from the backend. The logs begin at
> a fresh start of both ends, and end with the backend dying.
>
> I have noticed that if (on the second try) I press a key to change
> channel, I get the "You should have gotten a lock by now" dialogue,
> even though I can see video playing in the background. I discovered
> this after capturing the attached logs.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

Logs were too big for the list, so you can find them here:-

http://www.thewonderingeye.co.uk/mythbackend.log.gz
http://www.thewonderingeye.co.uk/mythfrontend.log.gz

I should add that I have recompiled with a a make distclean on the
backend to disable EIT, since I had the memory leek issue yesterday as
well.

Cheers,

Jon