[mythtv] backend memory leak

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Sep 28 14:41:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 03:28:35PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wed 28 September 2005 14:12, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > The backend also has a significant memory leak.
> > Will see what I can find....
>
> There has been a memory leak in the backend for a long time now - but too slow
> for me to pinpoint. Over two/three days the backend would go from consuming
> ~10% memory to ~25% and to ~50% over a week.
>
> I've taken to restarting the backend every couple of days but finding that
> leak would be more productive :)

I'd seen pretty slow growth, but not enough to worry me before,
since I was always installing new versions.

This latest version with all Daniel's new stuff in it has now
hit 877Mb over the last 5 or 6 hours.

The significant difference is that the EIT Scanner is changing
channels all the time. This points the finger at something in the
channel changing process.

Stuart