[mythtv] FYI Tuning patch

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Sep 26 21:52:02 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 05:47 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > But there are still some issues:
> > Pressing R to record on LiveTV only shows a black screen here:
> > 2005-09-26 19:41:00.939 RemoteFile::Read() failed in
> > RingBuffer::safe_read(). 2005-09-26 19:41:01.164 RemoteFile::Read()
> > failed in RingBuffer::safe_read().
>
> Hmm, I'll look at this.

I believe that this is an artifact of the filename change code.  I wouldn't
spend terribly much time working on it, though, since live-tv'll be changing
soon enough, and this won't happen anymore.

> > ff/rw still are strange in LiveTV, most of the time it just jumps in
> > very small steps only instead of 30 seconds, sometimes the time jumps
> > in 30sec steps but livetv still stays at the same position.
>
> This is another thing unrelated to the patch. Issac wrote a more
> efficient keyframe detector, but it has some problems. He's been
> working on it. Running "mythcommflag", with the latest SVN, on the
> broken recordings may fix it...

And the latest svn _should_ be fine in live tv.  All the iffy code has been
reverted or fixed, afaict.

Isaac