[mythtv] Debugging Unreliable DCT-6200 Recording

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 23 13:54:24 UTC 2005

Quoting Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net>:

> FYI.  The bug tracking is for Myth specific bugs.  The problem you
> have seems very much related to your hardware (in that you can
> exhibit the same problem using other tools) so I would not recommend
> submitting a bug report since it is likely to be closed as invalid.

Just to play devil's advocate, it may be possible for Myth to work around this
hardware/driver problem.  I think it's up to IJR to decide whether to accept a
bug report.  If it included a patch that worked around the problem (perhaps
restarting the stream if it fails, assuming you can detect this particular
failure mode) it's possible it may be accepted into Myth.