[mythtv] Debugging Unreliable DCT-6200 Recording

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Fri Sep 23 00:16:00 UTC 2005

Hi Josh

I have this issue as well on one of my dct-6200's.  I havent had time
to see what the exact cause it, but the following work around gets it
working 100% for me.

make sure your firewire connection type is set to broadcast in mythsetup.

run 'test-mpeg2 -r 1 > test.ts' over and over until you get output.  once
you get output stop test-mpeg2 then attempt to watch livetv in myth.  If
livetv works you should be all set.  If not, you will need to repeat the
process until it does.  It will usually take me a few (less then 10) tries
to get it in a working state.

This process should only be required if you reboot your box or dct-6200.

jim