[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] Re: Ticket #334: Update mythlink.pl to work with the new filenames

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 22 06:03:43 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> MythTV wrote:
>> #334: Update mythlink.pl to work with the new filenames
>> ----------------------------------------------+----------------------------- 
>> Reporter:  sphery <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  |        Owner:  xris
>>     Type:  patch                             |       Status:  new 
>> Priority:  minor                             |    Milestone:      
>> Component:  mythtv                            |      Version:      
>> Severity:  low                               |   Resolution:      
>> ----------------------------------------------+----------------------------- 
>> Comment (by anaerin at gmail.com):
>> I've changed my version of mythlink.pl so it works with both (And any
>> future versions) based on the DB changes that have happened. So rather
>> than looking up the details by splitting the filename, it looks up the
>> filename in the DB (As it should).
> Robert,
> Which is "your" version of mythlink.pl?  What do you mean by, "both 
> (And any future versions)"?  Why is your version--which still uses the 
> filenames on disk by searching the recording directory (and not 
> subdirectories)--better than the one that gets all the filenames from 
> the database ( 
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/334/mythtv-mythlink-2.patch 
> )--i.e. the one that results from using the patch in the ticket to 
> which you added your comment ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/334 )?
> As I see it, when users modify the basename to contain subdirectory 
> names (and put files in subdirectories under their recording 
> directories--allowing them to use multiple network shares to store 
> videos), any files in subdirectories will not be linked.  Also, in my 
> patch, I used a single DATE_FORMAT( ) for each starttime and endtime 
> and parsed the parts in Perl instead of having the database execute 12 
> DATE_FORMAT( )'s per row of data as the split function can parse it 
> extremely quickly and I felt the database has enough to do just 
> keeping up with writing metadata, etc.
> Please let us know why your changes are better than those I posted a 
> week ago in the original ticket, and we can take the best of both and 
> incorporate it into a single patch for Chris to apply.
> Thanks,
> Mike

nvm.  Both changes have been superseded by changes Chris made.  He's 
commited his own fix.


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list