[mythtv] DVB-T Unknown Descriptor messages (7270)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Sep 17 15:26:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 15:37 +0100, Dave Just wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Daniel and others for the new DVB support, LiveTV is now
> working again for me with current svn and rescanned channels, using a
> USB CinergyT2 device (I also bumped up the timeouts in setup somewhat
> as suggested).
>
> Unfortunately channel changing (and signal monitoring) is still
> quirky and slow compared with the previous DVB code.   Issues are:
>   - lockup of frontend on channels which are not broadcasting (maybe
> others in UK have mentioned this already), eventually timeout returns
> to main menu, but it is painful to wait without any remote buttons
> being obeyed; this also leaves frontend in bad state when the non-
> broadcasting channel is selected again
I'm going to be looking at simplifying tuning next week, this should
make things a little less wonky. Right now everything should work,
but since three threads must be coordinated it can take a while.

The UK "off-air" problem by all rights should be solved, there are
two points in the tuning that check for this... but then I'm not in
the UK so something obvious may be missing here.

>   - prolific unknown descriptor messages from SIParser, see log
> extract below.
This is probably just happening because you've turned debugging on,
you can comment out the code in SIParser::ProcessUnknownDescriptor(...)
if you don't want to see those, but still see other debug messages.

>   - odd magenta square in bottom right during signal strength displays
I didn't do this :) You might want to try changing OSD themes...

-- Daniel