[mythtv] Status of mythtranscode

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri Sep 16 19:49:16 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> The mpeg2trans stuff worked for the tests I did before committing the
> patches. It'll honor the cutlist without re encoding and produce a file
> that doesn't suffer from a/v sync issues. The video stream is DVD
> compliant but the audio stream is still MP2 (AFAIK) which means some
> work needs to be done for it to truly be DVD compliant file.

Okay, so it sounds like the padding issues have been fixed in avformat then.
I'll take a look. I've never been able to build a DVD that my standalone DVD
player would play using ffmpeg's ac3 encoder. Using Softencode, yes; PCM,
yes; but for some reason it doesn't like AC3s out of ffmpeg. Anyhow, I'll
spend some time with it and see how it works.

Thanks,
.Geoff