[mythtv] Status of mythtranscode

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri Sep 16 00:00:58 UTC 2005

So, I've been out of the loop for over a year now, and was wondering what
the status of mythtranscode (specifcally mpeg2trans) was.
The last thing I knew, the rate stuff was screwed up, which meant that the
streams weren't DVD compliant. In my opinion, this was an ffmpeg (avformat I
guess) limitation, and it was going to be painful to fix in myth (I would
have needed to implementmy own container-writer). But it appears there have
been some commits lately that imply it is working for the most part. Can
someone bring me up to speed? Looking at the code, it doesn't look too
different from how I left it. Did avformat get their act together? I have a
bit of time now, and thought I'd see where things stood.

.Geoff