[mythtv] SVN 7245 thinks WB HDTV is encrypted?

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Sep 14 04:46:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:42:24PM -0400, Joshua M Thompson wrote:
> The subject says it all. I have a backend with a pcHDTV 3000 that I use
> to capture OTA HDTV recordings. After upgrading to SVN 7245 today though
> it doesn't seem to want to play or record my local WB affiliate anymore;
> it locks on, says "ignoring encrypted program" and then aborts. I tried
> a couple other local HDTV stations and it worked fine so I suspect
> there's just something weird about my local WB's data stream. I already
> tried wiping dtv_multiplex and doing a full rescan but it didn't seem to
> help.

I upgraded to svn as of noon today.  I also did record a pilot show of
supernatural or something like that on the HD WB station here tonight and it
went well.  I did however notice when watching live-tv, it often would
tell me it had a signal lock, and the backend reports a good signal but
I never would get audio/video.  Restarting the frontend and trying again
worked every time this did happen though.  The backend's been running
jsut fine.  If I tried to tune to an encrypted station (USDTV) the
frontend would always lock though too, but I'm guessing this is
unrelated.

--Brandon