[mythtv] lcdproc v0.5 compatibility

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:21:07 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
  I was curious if lcdproc v0.5 (cvs) support was added to myth? I know that
Paul is re-working some of the LCD functionality and I thought this would be
a perfect time to address it. Searching through the dev list, I found this
e-mail with a patch that adds the functionality for lcdproc 0.5:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/125940?search_string=lcdproc;#125940
 I've ran lcdproc 0.5 (cvs) for other reasons besides myth and it is a MUCH
better driver and interface for the LCD than v.4.5. It'd be excellent if we
could use .5 for mythtv (and it'd fix many of the display issues I'm
currently seeing with v.4.5). Have the patches listed above been implemented
in Myth? If not, is it possible to implement the functionality in the new
mythlcdserver that Paul is working on?
 Thanks!
Matt