[mythtv] Bug? Or my mistake??

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Sep 12 19:05:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 20:56 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I think I've found a bug in the mythtv-setup program.
> > 1) when running a scan from the channel editor it correctly fills in
> > the channel table in mythconverg, but not dvb_channel or dvb_pids. At
> > least I had to do it manually.
>
> It's not supposed to fill them in, they are only kept as a reference and
> those 2 tables have been removed in svn version.
They aren't used. But they were dropped, then un-dropped, as people wanted
the ability to go back and forth between 0.17 and 0.18. They should be
dropped in 0.19 however.

> > 2) when writing to the channel table, it also tries to write the
> > channel frequency in Hz, while the table field is expecting KHz (I
> > suppose, since mysql complains about "illegal length in field 3", and
> > everything works OK when I write the KHz value manually).
> This sounds familiar, but can't remeber what it was.
> Anyway, you may want to test svn version and see if it's fixed (it probably
> is)
This field is only used if a dtv_multiplex isn't used for the channel.
It is still filled in by the scanner for backward compatibility to 0.18.
Same reason as the old DVB tables were undropped in 0.18 for 0.17.
Increasing the size of that column in the DB shouldn't hurt backward
compatibility, so I'll take a look at it.

-- Daniel