[mythtv] Direct FB SVN 7196

Dave Gartside dave.gartside at solihull.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 09:34:58 UTC 2005

Thanks Gerd, I'll give it a go tonight!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd v. Egidy [mailto:lists at egidy.de]
Sent: 12 September 2005 10:19
To: Development of mythtv
Cc: Dave Gartside
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Direct FB SVN 7196

> Ok, 7153 compiles cleanly and displays the first menu ok, with the
> fusion drivers loaded I can watch live TV and play recorded shows,
> however once myth starts watching tv/recorded it seems that keyboard
> input is ignored as I can't exit or pull up the EPG or menu.

you are using the directfb tv output, right?

got the same problem with 0.18.1 here just yesterday:

the code to receive input from directfb and pass it on to myth is
commented
out in libs/libmythtv/videoout_directfb.cpp

For 0.18.1 that is around line 574:

void VideoOutputDirectfb::Show(FrameScanType t)
{
    DFBCHECK(data->videoSurface->Flip(data->videoSurface, NULL,
DSFLIP_ONSYNC));
/*
    DFBInputEvent event;
    if (data->inputbuf->GetEvent( data->inputbuf, DFB_EVENT(&event) ) ==
DFB_OK)
    {
        if (event.type == DIET_KEYPRESS) {
            QApplication::postEvent(widget, new
QKeyEvent(QEvent::KeyPress, QT_KEYS[(event.key_id)-DFB_KBID_OFFSET][0],
QT_KEYS[(event.key_id)-DFB_KBID_OFFSET][1], 0));
        }
        else if (event.type == DIET_KEYRELEASE)
        {
            QApplication::postEvent(widget, new
QKeyEvent(QEvent::KeyRelease,
QT_KEYS[(event.key_id)-DFB_KBID_OFFSET][0],
QT_KEYS[(event.key_id)-DFB_KBID_OFFSET][1], 0));
        }
    }
*/
}

just remove the /* */ and it should work (at least it solved my problems
with
keyboard in).

Anyone got a clue why this got commented out?

Kind regards,

Gerd

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com