[mythtv] TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting recording

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 8 13:31:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 00:16 -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On 9/8/05, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> This station is in the process of replacing their antenna.  This means
> they are by far the weakest station I get right now.  However, Myth
> from 13Aug05 is able to pull them in just fine, as can my TV.
>
> I tried inserting values into the DB based on what I was using with
> the 13Aug version of Myth, but that does not seem to get me anywhere.
> Has the meaning of the "atscsrcid" column changed?
Yes and no. Anyway set it to major*256+minor and all should be good.

In the future I plan to add major and minor channel columns to the
channel table, and use the atscsrcid column for the actual actual
ATSC source_id.

> I have attached the log from an attempt to force myth to tune to that station.
> I have also attached the log from a mythtv-setup scan.
It looks like MythTV simply saw no signal. It is possible they had
turned down the power even further for maintenance.

-- Daniel