[mythtv] TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting recording

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 03:52:32 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 19:38 -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > I have been using a version of Myth from 13Aug05 with pretty good
> > success.  Decided it was time to update, and try out all your new
> > stuff.
> > A couple of my channels do not want to "lock" with the latest svn:
>
> 2005-09-07 19:31:35.338 DVB#1 Tuned to frequency for channel 13-1.
> 2005-09-07 19:31:35.679 Not ATSC channel: major(-1) minor(-1).
>
> Looks like you need to rescan...
>
> -- Daniel

Actually, I did tell it to scan, but I did *not* tell it to clear the
channels first.  After telling it to clear the channels, it looks like
the scan was able to do something productive.  I don't really like the
"chanid" it picked, but I can easily adjust that.

Unfortunately, I did immediately find a problem.  When I setup the
inputs, I told each one to start on channel 5-1.  When I started
mythbackend, cards 0, 2 and 3 all successfully tuned to that channel.
Card 1, however, failed.  I have attached the log.

When I shut down mythbackend, and re-started it, then all four cards
successfully tuned to the channel.

It is kind of scary to think it may sometimes fail to tune.  I am
running the 2.6.13 kernel.  Do you think this is a bug in the DVB
driver?

Thanks,

John