[mythtv] problem playing joint-stereo files with mythmusic

Sjoerd Tromp valkjes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:47:21 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I ran into a small problem, which I suspect is a bug. Mythmusic doesn't play
all my mp3's correctly, some of them are pitched to low. and myth
indicates there
is only 1 channel. It appears like myth, just put the frames of both channels,
into one channel, at the origional frame rate, thus, reducing the speed by .5

After looking what the differences between the files are, it appeared
that all the
files which played to slow. Were joint stereo ones. At this point I
suspected the libmad
library. But, the madplayer, working with the same library, does work correctly.

Does anybody know if this is a known bug?

And if, can sombody help me with it?

With kind regards,

Sjoerd Tromp