[mythtv] Inserting into the database and scheduling a job from a script

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Sep 4 21:58:29 UTC 2005

Hi all -

Let's say, for example, that I had the wild and crazy idea to modify
mythtivo to... instead of playing a recording with its custom version of
mplayer... call a script instead that will do the following:

1. Extract the show from my Tivo
2. Convert to mpeg2
3. Put the file into my recording directory
4. Call a modified myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script to insert the
appropriate records ito the db (which I haven't done yet - my perl is
AWFUL!)
5. Call mythcommflag to add a seek table to the recording

Well, I figure that should get me most of the way there.  Unfortunately,
I don't get to cut commercials very easily.  Sooo... I figured I'd do
something really ugly...

6. Insert a job into the scheduler to transcode the recording

At that point, I *should*, theoretically, be able to edit the recording
to pull commercials and transcode it again...

So I'm stuck at steps 4 (due to my ugly perl) and step 6, which I have
no idea how to do... should be a simple question, but it's eluding me...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	-Ian