[mythtv] [BUG?] Threading / Sockets problem with master and slavebackends

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Sep 2 22:39:34 UTC 2005

> Method:
> Open 2 browsers and request status simultaneously. The thread on the
> master backend handling status / web crashes, recording continues on
> both backend will remain in this state until killed. There is
> never any
> further response from the status port 6544/6543. (Sometimes
> it takes a
> few tries, so it's something to do with collision timing).

I've also seen this happend with the backend, some things that you do with
the backend can get it into some kind of locked up state where it no longer
responds and the only way to fix it is to kill the backend and restart it.

Unfortunately when it happend i wasn't running the backend under gdb so i
could not get a backtrace.