[mythtv] DVB-EIT scanner causes missed recordings?

Jonathan Wood jonathanwood at clara.net
Fri Oct 28 16:44:38 UTC 2005

> Unless there was more to this log that is missing, it looks like MythTV
> never got a signal lock while waiting for this recording to start. In
> 0.18 this was known as the empty recording problem. That is it would
> create the file, but never fill it with data. Now it doesn't create
> the file unless it gets some data. This allows MythTV to record a later
> showing of the program if there is one.
>
> It would be nice to indicate in the UI somehow that we are not getting
> data for the recording.

Thanks for the help, I believe I've now found the solution. In my
multiplex database it had the freq for the problem channel as 698000000
(got from a full scan on the working dvb card), however the true
frequency should be 698166670, updating this manually in the database
seems to have resolved it for the problem dvb card. Strange that it
still worked on one dvb card and not the other, but I guess thats just a
hardware thing,

Jon