[mythtv] DVB-EIT scanner causes missed recordings?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Oct 28 16:11:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 16:41 +0100, Jonathan Wood wrote:

> disabled. It only seems to occur with one particular dvb card and only
> on certain channels (I guess this maybe a dvb driver issue rather than
> myth, however it was working fine up until a few weeks ago). It appears
> to record as normal, however the file is never created and it never
> shows up in the list of available recording. Below is -v record,channel

> 2005-10-28 16:26:15.610 TVRec(1): SetFlags(NeedToStartRecorder,) ->
> RunMainLoop,AskAllowRecording,WaitingForSignal,NeedToStartRecorder,SignalMonitorRunning,
> 2005-10-28 16:26:15.616 Started recording: 1 (BBC ONE) "Fri Oct 28
> 16:26:00 2005": channel 5167 on cardid 1, sourceid 1
> 2005-10-28 16:26:15.623 scheduler: Last message repeated 1 times

Unless there was more to this log that is missing, it looks like MythTV
never got a signal lock while waiting for this recording to start. In
0.18 this was known as the empty recording problem. That is it would
create the file, but never fill it with data. Now it doesn't create
the file unless it gets some data. This allows MythTV to record a later
showing of the program if there is one.

It would be nice to indicate in the UI somehow that we are not getting
data for the recording.

-- Daniel