[mythtv] MPEG2 fixup tool

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Thu Oct 27 14:40:23 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>         Well, I fried up the SVN and got your code to compile.  I've tried
> it on a couple of videos.  It appears to work, although I didn't see any
> sort of indication of frame insertion on one, and on another, I got a
> number of these:
>
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb7ebda24]concealing 352 DC, 352 AC, 352 MV errors
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb7ebda24]00 motion_type at 9 22
> [mpeg2video @ 0xb7ebda24]00 motion_type at 17 23
This is 'normal' (I think). They are messages dumped out by libavcodec
while decoding frames that it thinks have errors.  In general, these
shouldn't affect results.  I may switch to libmpeg2 instead if it
tends to work better (which is my impression).  It also may be
something I screwed up, but if so, I don't know what.

>         I cranked up debug on another stream and got these:
> Frame type: 2 pos: 80da490
> Frame type: 3 pos: 805aa80
> Frame type: 3 pos: 80fee08
> Frame type: 1 pos: 81016f8
Ignore these for now

> Rate: 3003
You are working on NTSCvideo (29.997)  If this changes withing a
stream, that might be interesting

> VID: I-Frame #:0 pts: 16200 exp: 16200 pos: 806e1aa
> VID: P-Frame #:3 pts: -9223372036854775630 exp: 25209 pos: 805ea30
I dunno how this happens.  My guess is that these frames don't have a
PTS attached to them.  The fixer will just assume these frames are OK.

To find inserted frames,with debug on (redirect stdout to a file),
then search for 'Preparing' or 'Sending'   These are the inserted
frames..

As I said before, the code needs quite a bit of work still (I found
that it isn't respecting Telecine data, so mplayer spits out warnings
(should be easy enough to fix though))

.Geoff