[mythtv] DVB-T UK xmltv ids

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:31:21 UTC 2005

On 26/10/05, John Pullan <john.pullan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/10/05, John Pullan <john.pullan at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does zap2it work in the same way with the standard ids ? (no clue
> > > about this service as I live in the uk)
> > >
> > > BTW I lied, and I hope to have something simple written by the end of
> > > the week :)
> >
> > Ahem so it it took me a bit longer than I thought. Anyway this is a
> > very basic app which matches the callsign from a list of ids found in
> > a file and applies an xmltvid to the DB.
> >
> > usage :
> > xmltvid <videosource> <idfile>
> > e.g xmltvid 1 ids.txt
> >
> > The format of the ids.txt is :
> > callsign,xmltvid,service id,network id
> >
> > if service id is not found then it tries to match against network id.
> > If network id can't be matched then callsign is used.
> >
> > e.g
> > BBC ONE,london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk,0,9018
> > BBC ONE,london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk,4164,9018
> > BBC ONE,north-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk,4168,9018
> > would cause BBC One north west to be chosen if the network id was 9018
> > and the service id is 4168. Otherwise it would default to london.
> >
> > Feedback is appreciated

Update to the ids.txt file to cover more of the UK (maybe). Of course
there could still be mistakes in it.

The next stages will be to add logo references to the file
Possibly a download option for the logos
Possibly change the file to xml(?)
Think about integrating this back into the scanner.

--
John