[mythtv] Possible to have an 'OSD Off' switch?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Oct 26 02:26:48 UTC 2005

> Quick question for the dev team.  What would it take to install a
> switch under the 'OSD' setup screen that globally turns off all OS
> display items?
>
> I'd like to use XvMC and not have flicker/hangs.  I'm willing to
> sacrifice the OSD to do it.

	Easier would be to have an empty OSD theme.
I have done this before by selecting a theme that
is in one version of the binary, and later using
a different version that didn't have that theme.

	Try that for now (e.g. change the SQL table).
I will try and make a "None" theme for you.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Now the world has gone to bed,
Telstra Dev. Lab, Sydney, Australia   |  Darkness won't engulf my head,